3D google satellite map location of the Liberty Island in New York, US
Liberty Island is a small island in New York Harbor, which is located near the southern tip of Manhattan in the United States. The statue of liberty is a symbol of freedom and democracy throughout the world.
- About Liberty Island and History
- Location and Map
- How To Get There?
- What To See?
- Ticket price and where to buy?
About Liberty Island and History
- Liberty Island is an island in New York Harbor.
- The Statue of Liberty, a famous American symbol of freedom and democracy, stands on Liberty Island.
- The statue was dedicated on October 28, 1886.
- Liberty Island is a haven for people who love to explore New York City’s history.
Liberty Island is a small island located in New York Harbor, technically part of the borough of Manhattan. The Statue of Liberty is an iconic symbol of freedom and democracy, standing tall on Liberty Island to welcome immigrants coming to America by boat. It was built as a gift from France in honor of the 100th anniversary of the US. It was designed by French sculptor Frederic Auguste Bartholdi (who also designed many other notable statues) and constructed from copper and steel.
Located in Upper New York Bay, Liberty Island is 1.6 km (1 mile) southwest of Battery Park in Lower Manhattan, New York City. Liberty Island is part of the borough of Manhattan in New York City. The island comprises 59,558 square meters (64,000 square yards), most of which is part of New Jersey—the only portion that lies within the city limits being a small 28-meter by 23-meter (92 ft × 75 ft) plaza at the foot of the Statue’s pedestal on which sits an 1867 statue called “Goddess of Democracy”. A bronze relief plaque was placed on its face by an organization called “Friends of Liberty Island” on October 17, 2007, to commemorate its designation as a national monument.
Liberty Island is located in Upper New York Bay, 1.6 km (1 mile) southwest of Battery Park in Lower Manhattan, New York City. Liberty Island is part of the borough of Manhattan in New York City.
Map location of Liberty Island and Statue of Liberty in New York City, NY.
Location and Map
Liberty Island is located in New York Harbor, just off the southern tip of Manhattan. The island is accessible by boat and ferry from Battery Park at the southern tip of Manhattan, as well as by aerial tramway from downtown and midtown Manhattan. Tickets can be purchased online or at the ticket booth on Liberty Island.
The most popular attractions include the Statue of Liberty museum, crown access to the torch (which requires some climbing), pedestal access to the torch with elevator, Ellis Island Immigration Museum, Castle Clinton National Monument (a former fort built in 1809), and more!Google Earth 3D drone (bird eye) view.
How To Get There?
There are a few ways to get over to the island. You can take the ferry, which will run for about $35 per person round trip. If you’re renting a helicopter, it will cost around $100 per person each way. The helicopter ride lasts about five minutes and is extremely exciting!
If you want to save money on your visit, consider taking the combination boat/ferry route. This option will cost about $65 round trip for adults and children over two years old; infants under two years old are free! That’s less than half of what it would cost if you took just one type of transportation over!
The Ferry at Battery Park | New York, NY
- Local 1 (7th Avenue Line) to the last stop – South Ferry
- Express 4 or 5 (Lexington Avenue Line) to Bowling Green
- Local R/W train from Brooklyn/Queens (Broadway Line) to Whitehall Street
- M1, M6, or M15 to South Ferry (last stop)
- From the East Side take the FDR Drive South to Exit 1, South Ferry/Battery Park
- From the West Side take the Westside Highway South (Route 9A) to Battery Park
- NOTE: Street and private garage parking is limited in the Battery Park neighborhood
The Ferry at Liberty State Park | Jersey City, NJ
- Take exit 14-B off the New Jersey Turnpike; follow signs to Liberty State Park
- Ample parking is available in Liberty State Park, for a nominal fee
By Public Transportation:
- Take the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail (HBLR) to the Liberty State Park Station; walk or bike one mile along Audrey Zapp Drive to the historic Central Railroad of New Jersey Terminal in Liberty State Park
- The HBLR is accessible via PATH at the Hoboken Station or Newport (Jersey City) Station
What To See?
Before you go any further, here are some tips to get the most out of your visit:
- Plan ahead. Even if you’re staying at a hotel in Manhattan or Brooklyn, it’s not worth fighting traffic to get there and back in one day. Take the ferry from Battery Park or Liberty State Park, which will give you plenty of time to explore both islands before returning home.
- Book dinner reservations ahead of time. The restaurants on Liberty Island are few but high-quality—and they fill up fast! If you have dinner plans in New York City beforehand, book those too; there’s no better way to cap off an evening than with a meal under the stars after seeing Lady Liberty herself up close and personal.
- Buy tickets online so that you can jump straight into security when arriving at Battery Park or Liberty State Park (you’ll need them anyway). Once inside the park itself, follow signs until they lead toward either Castle Clinton Museum & Walkway Over To Ellis Island on your right (for general admission) or crown access on your left (if interested in climbing up into Lady Liberty’s crown).
Ticket price and where to buy?
- Tickets can be bought online, on the island, or at the ticket office
- Tickets are sold by the National Park Service
- Tickets can be bought in advance or on the day
- They cost $3 per person (children under 12 are free)
Liberty Island is a great place to visit if you are in New York.
If you are visiting New York, Liberty Island is a great place to visit. It’s a beautiful island in the harbor that has become one of the most visited sites in New York City.
You can take pictures there and have picnics with your family and friends. If you visit, make sure to bring all of your camera equipment so that you can capture some memories on this amazing island!
Liberty Island is a great place for a visit if you are in New York. The place offers a lot of things to see and do, and it is worth visiting at least once during your stay in the city.